Looking forward with unbridled optimism after a year of innovations
Also in 2017 IFCO, the leading global provider of reusable packaging solutions for fresh products, will be exhibiting at Fruit Logistica to showcase the latest developments in reusable packaging and present its new branding campaign ‘Let’s Eat” to a broader public.
For IFCO, the year 2016 was characterized by a series of innovations focusing on marketing, sustainability and security:
- Merchandising solutions: introduction of a range of flexible visual elements that enable a customization of reusable plastic containers (RPCs) according to the retailer’s requirements
- Wood Grain RPC: RPCs in wooden optic designed for the US market; an extension to other markets is possible if customers request it and it can be implemented under terms which make sense for both sides
- SmartGuardian™: a proprietary technology to monitor and control the RPC wash processes while reducing the use of detergents to a minimum
With a 16% increase in constant currency annual revenues on a global level, the 2016 financial year was extremely successful for IFCO. For the first time in a period of twelve months, IFCO Europe shipped more than one billion RPCs from producers to grocery retailers across Europe.
IFCO will continue to grow in 2017 as current retail accounts further increase their RPC use and customers take advantage of non-produce applications such as meat, seafood, bread, etc. in Europe. IFCO also expects further expansion and growth into Eastern Europe, as well as in South America as the company capitalizes on its recent acquisitions in Colombia and Chile.
The plans for next year include the further implementation of the SmartGuardian™ proprietary wash process control system into the IFCO service centers worldwide and the heavy production of RPCs which will be a top priority as it is essential to fulfill all commitments to the retail partners.
One main focus for 2017 and also for Fruit Logistica will be the continued roll-out of the new branding campaign “Let’s Eat” that was recently introduced at global level. The campaign and the corresponding video reflect the company’s mission and communicate its value and vision to customers and consumers.
“Our aim is to provide our customers with efficient and sustainable fresh food packaging solutions,” said Wolfgang Orgeldinger, CEO of IFCO. “But what’s more, we see our function in a broader context, and together with our retailer and grower partners we strive to have a positive influence on the lives of billions of consumers all over the world and help make the world a better place at the same time.”
By adopting the tagline, “A better supply chain serves us all. Let’s eat.” IFCO is inviting everyone to join the effort to bring fresher, high quality food to tables around the world. The campaign reflects the collaboration and human connection it takes to provide consumers with fresh, high quality food – and to do so in a responsible way that helps solve some of the society’s most pressing issues.
For instance, IFCO’s shared and reusable plastic containers:
- are an important part of the drive for a global circular economy and a zero waste supply chain for the fast-moving consumer goods sector;
- help reduce food waste and greenhoue gas emissions by protecting and keeping food fresh longer – reducing the amount of food that ends up in landfills; and
- use less water and energy than one-way packaging.
The corresponding video is available under the following links:
- English version
- With German subtitles
- With Spanish subtitles
Apart from the new campaign, IFCO will display its complete range of RPCs for meat, bananas, seafood, bread, etc.
The IFCO team will be at the fair in Berlin from February 8 – 10, 2017, hall 20, stand B-15.